August views

First of all thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post. It is good to have slightly more time on my hands and taking up blogging again.

I hope you will forgive me this week in sharing some pictures from the past rather than the present! We have finally had some rain and we even had a flood alert warning with high tide yesterday, so with the background of blue skies last weekend pictures are much more appealing!


Along the country lanes it has been common to squeeze past tractors as they head to the fields to gather in their harvest. We noticed that the crop is this field seemed very short in comparison with normal.



We had a visitor looking in through the window. I think this is a cricket rather than a grasshopper, am I right?


The creeping thistle is slowly spreading in the field next door. I love the description of it's shaving brush head, but having just read that each flower has between 20- 200 seeds and each stem has around 680 seeds I hope they aren't heading in the direction of our garden!


Last Sunday was "West Bay Day" an annual celebration to raise money for local charities, I just had to photograph this amazing cake that had been donated by one of the local pubs. It looked almost too good to eat and like you I can only imagine what it tasted like!


We even had time last week to sit and watch the clouds (for a short time), my husband thought this one looked like a Westie! Tavi on the other hand was more interested in watching the lake to see if any ducks would appear!




The beach has been  relatively busy even later in the day, the setting sun gives the scene an enhanced golden glow.


And as the sun set on another day, the changing light is always a treat to watch and admire!


Wishing you a good week ahead.
Sarah x

Comments

  1. Beautiful sunsets! And amazing cliffs! I agree, the cloud does look like a Westie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Sarah. Great photos! Love the beach photo and any with Tavi especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture with the golden cliffs and the people on the beach so beautiful - dreamy like a painting. I just love the colors and the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Sarah, glad you’re having a little more time to see the beauty all around. That creeping thistle is prolific in Jersey this summer. Love the look of that cake. Have a good week. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous summer photos, dear Tavi is such a cutie. Bertie's off for a haircut today. I've noticed that some of the crops around here look as though they're suffering from lack of water. The sweetcorn looks rather short this year, amongst other things. I love the lights sparkling in the distance in your last photo, beautiful. Hope you have a good week too. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sunsets, I just never can get enough of them. Those creeping thistles are a nuissance, don't want them in my garden. That cake looks indeed amazing and mouthwatering but of course Tavi steals the show, he certainly looks like that fluffy white cloud.
    Regards, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, I love all the scenes here, but that view of the beach with the high cliff brings back such great memories of the TV show we love, BROADCHURCH. I'm thinking this is where they filmed it! And that little pink building there....how we yearn to go to your country to see the beauty. I hope that this summer's horrid heat and drought has not caused all of your green landscapes to dry out? May the autumn season be good to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely Sarah! Those views of the cliffs and beach are magnificent. And, of course, I always love seeing Tavi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, Sarah. We're taking a holiday in Cornwall at the beginning of October. I'm so looking forward to the coastal views

    ReplyDelete
  10. The landscape looks so dry in the first few photos, I'm glad you've had some rain ... we would love some rain for spring .. But none on the horizon. I love the views of the beach but especially the sunsets, it must be lovely to be within walking distance of these gorgeous views.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too thought the cliff photograph was a painting. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah,

    You asked about my ancestors from Dorset. The Oakleys were from Wimbourne Minster.

    Oh what I would give to be able to visit there just to see the countryside and walk the old roads they they would have walked!

    You must be feeling so good about the restoration work you did with the group. The result is wonderful!

    Take care. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. My birthday is at the end of August and these photos sum up 'my' month perfectly - harvesting, corn fields, blue skies, a golden glow, and that cake would be the perfect way to celebrate. It would probably help me forget that yet another year has gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sunset! Love!
    Have a beautiful weekend now...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful place you live! I love the beach at sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh the beach!! Those cliffs looks magical. The cake looks incredible and delicious! Love these photos! Nice to see you dog !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love catching up with your posts, Sarah, the photos are always stunning and this one is no exception. You live in a very beautiful part of the country - I really miss living by the sea, I think it's a feeling that never goes. I keep going back to your photo of the beach at sunset, it really is exactly like a painting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed seeing the result of your labor on the renovation in your last post and now the lovely photos in this one! [I can see the Westie in the cloud :-) ] Some of our family made it to the ocean two weeks ago and the cooler weather there was wonderful since the weather has been hot and dry for some time here near Mt. Hood in Oregon. Wishing you good days, Sarah! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!