Through the Garden Gate January 2019

I haven't been in the garden very much in the past few weeks, it has either been too cold or wet. After heavy rain yesterday I was beginning to wonder whether I would get any images for this month! I was relieved therefore to see clearer skies this morning. Although the distant hills were covered in a thin cover of white, the only white in the garden was from the first blooms from these snowdrops.



Other plants flowering in the garden is rosemary and hellebores...



Hebe


Primrose - primula rosa - the name in Latin means "first rose",  it's flowering is meant to signify that spring is on it's way, they aren't aware of  the current weather forecasts of more freezing weather!  A  bulk order of manure has been made so I know we will be spending more time in the garden next month!

 What are the highlights in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens and watch their development during the year. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate each month please let me know in the comments below and I will add your site. 

Coastal Ripples

Margaret's Patch

Rusty Duck

Elephant's Eye on False Bay

Pam's English Cottage Garden

Until next time!
Sarah


Comments

  1. Everything is asleep here, Sarah, except me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH talk about weather....I don't know if you've heard about the Polar Vortex here in the Midwest and Northeast of the USA, but the extreme temperatures have left us still, frozen and locked up in our homes! Dreams of gardening are keeping us in a daze and longing for warmer weather! We are however, going to make a 100 degree shift to rain on Sunday. Now, that is very strange! Hoping to see some daffodils spring up sometime in mid-April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have just been watching pictures on the news, it looks so cold. Stay safe and warm and cosy in your home. Hope the temperatures start to rise . Sarah x

      Delete
  3. What a pretty hellebore. Our hebe hasn’t flowered for a while and I still struggle to grow snowdrops. Yours are lovely. Have just posted my garden post. B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely to see those little spots of colour as plants start to flower. Here is my post for this month:
    https://margaretspatch.blogspot.com/2019/01/through-garden-gate-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snowdrops ... I always think of them as the bravest little flowers coming up while it is still freezing cold! Another favourite for me are primroses. Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see these lovely photos. The Hellebore - dreamy! I wanted to join along, but alas, our gardens are months away from waking up. I'll be content for now enjoying your garden and other readers that join along showing theirs. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a shame Kim that you garden is still asleep maybe next month will be better. The frozen bubbles in your garden are amazing they are worth seeing. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen any bumblebees on sunny days? Your hebe and rosemary might be their targets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had time to look will definitely make some time to notice once the snow has gone! The weather forecast was obviously more accurate than the primroses! Sarah x

      Delete
  9. Well you did better than me, I haven't been able to get outside at all and now we're covered in snow. I shall try to catch up and post a belated link.
    Amazed to see your rosemary in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Better late than never!
    https://www.rustyduck.net/2019/02/04/does-absence-make-the-heart-grow-fonder/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apologies to Diana, Cathy and Vagabonde I did read your message but I was using my kindle at the time andmy finger went too close to the delete button instead of the Publish button, so sorry everyone else didn't get a chance to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://eefalsebay.blogspot.com/2019/02/false-bay-garden-in-january.html

    Mine was - admiring your spotted Hellebore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes , one by one the familiar flower faces , like old friends are reappearing to make us smile ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be joining your meme from now on, Sarah. I thought I was being so original in starting a similar one until Diana pointed me in the right direction. Love your blog. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, Welcome aboard it is wonderful to have another garden featured from some where else in the world. Sarah x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!