Through the Garden Gate November 2020

Welcome to my November garden!  Firstly apologies I have been having problems with blogger yet again.!! This month I added the images and then couldn't get in to add any narrative. How has November treated you? Being back in another lockdown in November we have had managed to  spend more time in the garden than usual. It never takes long to find something to do! 


There are still some flowers to be found this  cutting of Osteospermum Tresco has only started to flower. We find the oestospermums cope all through the winter until March and then deteriorate taking a few months then to recover!


There is still some autumn leaf colour - please ignore all the daisy seedings that have now been removed! I had a very busy month planting lots of bulbs so I am hoping that I will have a wonderful spring display! This year I bought some bulbs from Sarah Raven as usual but also bought some from Farmer Gracey , have you tried them? I was very impressed with their service and the bulbs and a big highlight for me was that the packaging was all Plastic Free. I will definitely use them again I bought a selection called Fish & Chips a mixture of daffodils and tulips, which seemed appropriate living so close to the sea.


The vegetable garden is productive with Kale and leeks and we have some potatoes coming up in the greenhouse which we were planning to have for Christmas, although at the moment we are not sure how many of us will be at home!



Views over the garden it's looking tidier than last month but not so colourful.




What has happened in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens from around the world and share our love of gardening. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate please let me know in the comments below and I will add you below blogger permitting!

 
Take care, stay safe hopefully I can continue to blog, I had some seascapes to share.

Sarah

Comments

  1. APOLOGIES, Sarah here I can't get into my blog at the moment so you only have images at the moment. In the meantime please see comments to find others who are participating in 'Through the Garden Gate' this month.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. You garden is so beautiful, green and colourful even on this last day of November. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post a comment before but without luck. Your garden especially the veggies look wonderful. Love the muted tones of your hydrangea. Hope you get blogger sorted soon. My garden post can be found here:
    https://coastalripples.blogspot.com/
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see growth in November. My November post is http://www.craftygardener.ca/goodbye-november/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger I can deal with but %$#@ing FB hates me still. GRRRrumble.

    I keep meaning to get that purple daisy - brought cuttings from our previous garden, but will need a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is green and beautiful. It doesn’t give the impression of oncoming winter season. Is growing potatoes for Christmas an experiment or usual practice? I’m sure, it wouldn’t work here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't hydrangeas wonderful in the way that they change color through the season? Your November ones are beautiful. I am happy to join in again this month. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have potatoes growing in your greenhouse? That I find interesting. This is my fist year to try growing them in the winter under a hoop house. Those out in the weather are already dead. If yours are ready by Christmas, perhaps mine will be ready also. I look forward to seeing your next month's post. However, I don't expect Blogger to behave any better then.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks wonderful, I am envious especially for the veg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!