Through the Garden Gate March 2021

Where has the last month gone? Having taken a rare day away from the computer I suddenly realised tonight when I logged on that my gardening post was due and then once again it has taken me a few hours to get blogger to work!

 Over the last few years we have increased the number of varieties of daffodils that we have in the garden. This has extended the daffodil flowering season and allowed us to appreciate and admire the different varieties as the appear a different times. You just can't help but feel cheerful when you see daffodils, they are so bright and sunny aren't they?







Other colour in the garden this month has been provided by the hellebores (see above) and pulmonarias. (see below) we have a growing number of these too. They are low growing and provide masses of spring flowers in various colours. They are also known as lungwort as their leaves are shaped like lungs and they were once used to treat lung conditions.







 I love the colour of these deep crimson Blood Red Wallflowers and a extra bonus is their spicy scent. The first tulip has also appeared hopefully next month's post will feature more of them!


We have been very busy sowing flower and vegetable seeds, which are coming up well, we just need to find space over the garden to fit them in!



The Goldfinches have reappeared, the rooks are sitting on their nests in the neighbouring trees and the morning chorus is such a welcome sound, it really feels as if Spring has sprung! What have been the highlights in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens from around the world and share our love of gardening. If you want to join in Through the Garden Gate please let me know in the comments below and I will add you blog below. You are welcome to join in for any time during the year , and it can just be a one off or a more regular monthly visit, it's up to you!

Coastal Ripples

Pam's English Cottage Garden

Crafty Gardener

Get me to the Country

Margaret's Patch

Elephant's Eye on False Bay


Wishing you all a very Happy Easter, our lockdown was eased on Monday allowing us to see family and friends in outside areas, we were hoping to catch up with the children in the garden but it is very dependent on the weather, which isn't looking so promising for the weekend.

Take care, until next time.
Sarah x

Comments

  1. I envy you that scent of wallflowers, and that rich colour!
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all the spring blooms. Ours are just starting. Yet today, April 1, there is snow coming down, surely must be an April Fools joke. Here is my entry for March https://www.craftygardener.ca/marching-in-and-out/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden makes me smile. I hope you an enjoy it with family!

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just returned to Blogging and it's such a delight to read your post. I love your dainty white daffodils. My particular pleasure in my garden has been my Fritillaries, it's been a good year for them and I am so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spring garden is looking beautiful. Love all the daffodils. All our pulmonarias seem to have disappeared, I must get some more. Have a lovely Easter. B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I miss wallflowers, my grandmother's favorite flower. They don't do well here and I have given up trying to grow them. Love that deep crimson Blood Red. Your daffodils are lovely! So glad your lockdown is eased -- I am fully vaccinated but still being very cautious. Happy Easter! P. x
    (Btw - I am having so much trouble with Blogger that I am thinking of switching to Wordpress. But wondering if my followers would find me there.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I have also considered leaving Blogger due to the problems. I will comment and it will say it hasn't connected so I comment again and again. They keep making changes but not improving their programing. However, I dread trying to learn a new format.
      Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

      Delete
  7. Beautiful flowers! Listening to the birdsongs in the morning is a nice beginning of the day. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if daffodils bloomed in May they would get lost behind all the other flowers but since they appear during the cold winter, they are appreciated much more. Smart of them to realize that.
    Jeannie@GetMeToCountry

    ReplyDelete
  9. The daffodils and hellebores have been lovely and I too am looking forward to the tulip displays.
    I am a little late with my post for March but here it is https://margaretspatch.blogspot.com/2021/04/through-garden-gate-march.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!