Through the Garden Gate March 2023

The sunny yellow daffodils have bought some cheer and spring into the March garden, they are everywhere! We mostly grow the miniature varieties as the taller daffodils get so easily damaged by the strong winds we usually get at this time of the year.










Some flowers have had a brief appearance and gone such as the Iris George (Retoculata) .



Some flowers such as the tulips are just about to emerge!

We went away with the family in the first week in March to Portugal to celebrate two significant birthdays. It was the first time we have experienced warmer weather in the winter and it was lovely to see so many flowers growing .It was strange to return to UK with snow covering the ground and just a host of golden daffodils everywhere to admire!







Two days back and I caught of COVID - that limited my activities for a week. We bought a small heated propagator and have been delighted how quickly seeds are appearing I just need to find some more greenhouse and window space and garden space for all the extra plants that are emerging! We always hold a charity plant sale in May so most of the plants will probably end up there!

 What are the highlights in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens and watch their development during the year. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate each month please let me know in the comments below and I will add your site. 

Comments

  1. Your garden looks so colourful, Sarah. I bought myself a heated windowsill propagator last year and I love it, the seeds do germinate quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear you have been sick and hope you recovered quickly.

    A heated mat is a great idea and does make a difference. I sit my plants on the floor heating vent for a few hours and it works. Of course, I must be careful not to spill any of the dirt cups. That would be a huge mess.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went away with the family for a week in the sun too. So nice to get away in winter. Your garden is so pretty this time of year. What lovely faces to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Hope you get better soon, sounds like lots of rest and vitamins are in order. I just planted a stack of bulbs seeing as it's Autumn here, hopefully they will bloom in Spring among my roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get better soon. Your garden is beautiful! The landscape in Portugal reminds me of summer. It never snows there, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both gardens are a delight to visit virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And done
    https://eefalsebay.blogspot.com/2023/04/march-and-our-false-bay-garden.html

    Nothing so perfect as blue, white and yellow flowers together! I hope you will soon bounce back to good health. Himself has recovered from 2 weeks of (non-COVID) bronchitis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We too only have short daffodils for the same reason. Those Iris are lovely. We only had a couple this year after only planting them a year ago. Hope you’ve recovered by now. What a lovely holiday you must have had. Looking forward to hearing more about it. B x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!