Through the Garden Gate March 2024

 

Wishing you all a Very Happy Easter!

We have still been suffering with heavy rain and storms in March, everyone just longs for a period of dry weather and more sunshine! The pots in the garden take central stage this month. These tulips below have been flowering a few weeks and have stood up to the high winds we have been having!






The hellebores are still putting on a good show.



My favourite daffodil Thalia has come out in flower.


Replacing the wooden surrounds in the vegetable and cutting ground were completed yesterday and we  have been busy sowing lots of seeds to fill them! Storm Nelson hit us on Thursday and the greenhouse has been blown out on one side so there is never an end to maintenance jobs in the garden!


The main border is just full of different shades of green the early daffodils have gone over and more are just starting to burst into bloom to add a splash of colour. Blossom on the set over apple tree is yet to come.


Just starting to flower is this Lunaria rediviva (Perennial Honesty), we have had this in the garden for so many years and we welcome its return every year, if you ever see it for sale I recommend buying it, the bees and butterflies love it too!


I started with a pot of tulips so I'll end with one too, these ones didn't stand up so well to the winds, but were beautiful while they lasted. I have recently bought Sarah Raven's  new book"A Year Full of Pots". it has made me realise that I could do more to create beautiful pots! Do you have any good planting combinations that look stunning in pots?

What are the highlights in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens and watch their development during the year. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate each month please let me know in the comments below and I will add your site. 


Sarah x

Comments

  1. 💐🌷.•*¨`*•.¸🐰..🐰¸.•*¨`*•.🌷💐
    ╔═════════ ೋღღೋ════════╗
    ೋ ೋ 🌸ℍ𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪 𝔼𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣🌸 ೋ ೋ
    ╚════════ ೋღღೋ═════════╝
    🥚🐥.•*¨`*•.¸🐰..🐰¸.•*¨`*•.🐥🥚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daffodils say Easter to me from Swiss years

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope we'll get some drier weather soon. I love the perennial honesty. In my previous garden I had lots of biennial honesty which I loved, but I haven't been able to get it growing in our new garden. Hope you have a happy Easter, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colourful tulips! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s looking beautiful in your corner. So many hellebores and gorgeous tulips. That storm on Thursday certainly flattened areas of our garden. B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do like seeing Spring bulbs flowering. I've only just planted loads of daffodils and freesia in preparation for Spring here in September.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tulips are lovely! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tulips are beautiful and it is great you got a picture before the storms arrived.

    My favorite potted pant is never pictured because it isn't very pretty. I have stevia planted in a big plastic discarded horse-feed pot. It is tropical but I discovered it will overwinter in my garage. My husband rolls it out to the garden in the spring, I harvest it in the fall and it sweetens my desserts all winter long.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour in these images and can imagine your frustration with the weather. Great new veggy beds. I look forward to seeing the results of the seed planting, in April.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hellebores are lovely, but daffodils are my favorite. I am thrilled that the forsythia bloomed this year. Rhubarb is growing well and the raspberries canes are popping up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!