Through the Garden Gate December 2022

Welcome to the last 'Through the Garden Gate post of 2022' and more of a review of the year rather than looking at what is growing in the garden this month.

At the beginning of the month with freezing temperatures the garden turned white for a short time! Our boiler also broke down and there wasn't much differences in the temperature inside or out for 30 hours until it was repaired!


Extreme weather has hit the garden several times in 2022, from Storm Eunice to heat waves, strong winds and icy conditions. Most plants have coped with these varied conditions although I fear we have lost some plants that have survived last winter following the cold spell at the beginning of December.




The grapevine provided us with so much shade to retreat under during those hot summer days.



It is so difficult to choose some highlights of the year! The garden is now in it's eight year and the garden is becoming well established.  All the plants get larger and more magnificent each year.



 
I can't resist buying new plants and varieties of old favourites too! Note to self that I haven't photographed enough of the new plants! We have increased our collections of salvias and pulmonarias , attempted to grow a bulb lasagne and tried growing some more plants from seeds. I don't think there is much space in the garden for many new plants in 2023, I will have to incorporate some new ones somehow!

I have enjoyed  looking through the garden gates from many different gardens from around the world in 2022 and for the last seven years! I started Through the Garden Gate in January 2016 and never realised it would have lasted so long and be so enjoyable and have company from so many lovely gardens. I am wondering whether to still continue it in 2023. What are your thoughts, would anyone else like to take over as host?

Hope you have enjoyed your garden this year and your garden will continue to thrive in 2023.

It is always wonderful to see other gardens from around the world and share our love of gardening. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate please let me know in the comments below and I will add you below:

Comments

  1. Here is mine, still in Christmas mode
    https://eefalsebay.blogspot.com/2022/12/false-bay-garden-december-12-days-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please? I hope you will continue. We each enjoy visiting the gardens who join you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly the year 2022 was about extreme weather conditions and yet your garden is magnificent.
    I hope you will continue. It's always nice to visit other gardens. Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue doing "Through the Garden Gate." I have enjoyed touring other gardens around the world.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry
    https://getmetothecountry.blogspot.com/2022/12/decembers-garden-2022.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just bought a house about a month ago, so far we've planted a lemon tree, a mandarin tree, a cherry tree and a row of red roses, I'm looking forward to sharing my future photos but for now I've enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, Welcome we will enjoy visiting your developing garden in New Zealand in future months!

      Delete
  6. I'm late with my blog as I've been having problems uploading photos onto it. Finally managed and here it is :https://margaretspatch.blogspot.com/2023/01/through-garden-gate-december-2022.html I do hope you continue with 'Through the Garden Gate' I do enjoy reading about yours and other peoples gardens

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always lovely to see your garden especially the collages. Hope you do continue next year. I’m always amazed at how things change from year to year. Looking forward to seeing your garden changes next year. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is full of wonderful colour and is a joy to visit here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!