Through the Garden Gate July

Woops it's 1st August and I am late for 'Through the Garden Gate' I've been concentrating on preparations for a 5 Year Birthday today, so forgive me and I'll be back with more images tomorrow!


As promised here are some more photos from my July garden!  Unlike other parts of the world we have low temperatures and lots of rain and wind with an occasional sunny day, so the garden still looks green and everything is growing and the insects appear when they can!




When the suun shines everything looks beautiful from the Roxanne blue geranium to the golden colours of this Helianthum.



This clematis Purpurea Plena Elegans we bought at the end of last season, I have seen amazing images of it on Instagram spreading over fences and hope over time it will do so here, despite our exposed conditions!


July is the month for the phloxes, their smell takes me straight back to my childhood. Do you have any in your garden, if so what colours do you have? We came across a lovely deep purple one when we are visiting a garden last week, which I must now keep an eye out for!




Each year there seems to be some flowers that stand out amongst the rest - last year I was captivated by varies species of salvia, this year it seems to be scabious that keep catching my eye!







As always this time of year the garden is very productive and you end up with a surplus of vegetables to share with your neighbours and friends and not everything works out we are not sure what has taken a liking to our tomatoes do you have any idea what it could be? We need to set up the trap camera we suspect it is either a mouse, rat or the blackbirds.


We are hoping for some more blue summer skies in August! As I mentioned at the beginning we celebrated a special 5th birthday at West Bay Discovery Centre -the visitor centre where both I and my husband volunteer alongside an amazing band of 40 volunteers and a part time manager. We have welcomed 83,000 visitors since we opened and are one of the top 10 free places to visit in the South West! It is one of the reasons that my blogging these days is so brief and occasionally late! Hope to be back here before the end of the month with some sea images until then happy gardening!



 What are the highlights in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens and watch their development during the year. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate each month please let me know in the comments below and I will add your site. 

Comments

  1. What gorgeous color or orange...do I spot a bit of blue forget me knots?
    Hope you are having a delightful day. Thanks for sharing your garden with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Debbie I think it was a Forget me knots well spotted!

      Delete
  2. Here I am
    https://eefalsebay.blogspot.com/2023/08/july-and-our-false-bay-garden.html

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highlights this month most definitely have been my blue Hydrangeas, multi coloured Sweet Peas and a huge and vivid Crocosmia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the fifth birthday. It only seems like yesterday when you were opening the heritage centre. Something to be proud of.
    I’ve never grown phlox but something to add to next years list .the helianthums look beautiful too. Well done on red tomatoes, all green still here. I’m curious who has been nibbling. Maybe mice? Your garden is certainly doing well despite the cooler wetter weather. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes for the birthday and the suggestion of mice you have reminded us to put the camera out tonight!

      Delete
  5. You have some lovely colourful flowers in your garden, Sarah. I love the deep pink clematis. I have two phlox in my garden, a white and a deep pink/ purple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Late 'winter' here but we have woken to lovely rain. This fact and the colour in your garden, urges me to visit our local nursery for phlox, snapdragons, pansies etc for some potted colour to welcome in spring.
    What an amazing achievemen is West Bay Discovery Centre. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful celebration! Phloxes are beautiful. Here it has been raining for a whole month and we hope for sunny days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!