Through the Garden Gate October

The wind and rain and reduction in daylight hours has had a major impact in the garden this month! Many of the flowers have gone over with only a few having it's finest moment!




The colour of pink and purple have been dominating the garden.





The Chrysanthemum has bought a fresh vibrancy to the cutting border, it has spread into a huge clump providing the house with many vases of flowers this month!

There have been lots of jobs to do in the garden from planting more crocus and daffodils to clearing the greenhouse and vegetable plots, and bringing in some of the potted plants before the first frost.With with lots of rain  falling has given me no excuse to not tidy up the potting shed! The garden centre has also tempted us with all of their roses reduced to £6 each it was impossible to not return home without two new varieties we just need the rain to stop to plant them!

What are the highlights in your garden this month?

It is always wonderful to see other gardens and watch their development during the year. If you want to join in with Through the garden gate each month please let me know in the comments below and I will add your site. 


Sarah x



Comments

  1. No true gardener can resist the temptation of a clearance sale. I look forward to seeing the new blooms next year. The abundance of the color pink looks fabulous which makes me hope you bought more pink roses!
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thank you for inviting me to participate in the Dorset zoom group meeting. I was unable to participate that day. I really appreciate the chance to participate though.

    My garden is finished but not cleaned up completely yet. I planted garlic yesterday and picked the last four cucumbers though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing you have still been picking cucumbers! You might find this website useful Somerset and Dorset Family History Society useful https://sdfhs.org/. Your ancestors would have been in East Dorset.

      Delete
  3. I'm a little envious of all the flowers you still have, Sarah. Mine went over ages ago. Autumn seems to be a time to have a good tidy up. I cleaned out our shed recently too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the weather your garden is still looking beautiful. Those chrysanthemums are stunning. Hope you don’t get too much of Storm Ciaran. It seems to be doing it’s worst over here! B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers in your garden are amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing the spring blooming next year in your garden. No gardener can resist the offer in your garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's exciting seeing what's blooming. My red roses are just starting to come into colour now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful visit to your October garden, Sara.Your collage emphasises the pink/purple pallete throughout. I would love some that green grass I spotted. It is extremely dry here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are the best thing about blogging so please join in and brighten my day!